This is a web based application responsible for managing the life cycle all of Sprint’s retail cell phone stores. It models the business life process of the store from creation to destruction. All contractors involved throughout the Store’s life are tracked. A vast amount of information related to each store is contained in the system.
Technology & Architecture
The system is hosted on two Windows 2003 Servers. One containing the SQL Sever and one containing the IIS 6 Web Server.
The software is written using Adobe Flex 3.0, .Net, Web Orb, and SQL. The system has two tiers; a base tier for all users of the system where the retail store information is contained and an administrative area for managing security rights, altering advanced options, and user management.
- The system contains a integrated task system for users as events occur with each store.
- A dynamic report module allows users to create custom reports on the fly and share the report with other users of the system as well as export reports to Excel.
- System-wide group based security.
- File Management of assets related to each stage of a store’s life.
- Drag & Drop Dashboard for bookmarking sections of the application for each user.
- I bid this project based off of initial specification and managed the time tables for completion for my team.
In January of 2010, I replaced the Web Orb component with a traditional .Net Web Services. This was done so that Sprint could easily migrate the application to a on site location.